Churches from across the BIC family post opportunities as the need arises. If you want to be part of a growing faith community, following Jesus, sharing his message and extending his peace around the world, then you may find just the position you’ve been looking for. You can also find employment opportunities with BIC churches in the United States on the BIC U.S. website.
The Pier Church – Brockville, ON
The Pier is a vibrant community church located in the riverside city of Brockville, Ontario
(brockville.com). We seek to follow Jesus together, living and loving like Him. We are a family, and
family isn’t defined by looking the same or fitting a certain mold. We are from a variety of backgrounds
and cultures, connected by the same DNA – a passion to journey further in Faith; connecting to God,
each other, and the community around us.
On Sunday mornings we meet with 100-150 people, with a casual atmosphere and a contemporary
worship style where everyone is welcome. Throughout the week we have a full schedule of ministries,
care groups and opportunities for engagement in our city and local area. For more details on us, our
dedicated staff team and why we’re called The Pier, check out thepier.church. We are a part of the Be In
Christ Church of Canada.
We are searching for a Lead Pastor who, as a devoted follower of Jesus, will work with The Pier staff
team and congregation to foster an environment where we can come together to grow in the
knowledge of Jesus Christ and impact our community with His love. We want to be a place where people
know they are loved and be challenged to love others.
This role requires:
● A visionary leader and lifelong learner, with the ability to see who we are, where we’ve
come from, and together chart a path forward.
● An effective teacher & communicator with the ability to connect with a diverse audience.
● Easily develops rapport, connecting well with others and building relationships.
● Ability to mobilize and lead a team well; effective at delegation and helping staff to grow
and flourish, with strong coaching & mentoring skills.
● Encourages a team-based environment where staff and members of the congregation serve
● Value and appreciation for creativity, innovation and leveraging technology to serve our
This is a full time position with a flexible start date. Compensation follows BIC Canada compensation
guidelines with regard to experience and training. The position includes benefits and pension. The
candidate must have an understanding and agreement with the statement of faith and values of the Be
In Christ Church of Canada and a willingness to be credentialed by and supportive of the work of the
Please note: this is a senior leadership position. Therefore, we are seeking a candidate with a level of experience and education consistent with this role.
Please submit resumes with accompanying letter of interest by May 8, 2020 to:
Network Team Leader, BIC Canada
While we appreciate all submissions, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Mission is a part of the Be In Christ Church of Canada (canadianbic.ca) which is a growing faith community – following Jesus, sharing His message, and extending His peace around the world. Our congregation has great representation in every age demographic with the biggest demographic being young families. Our hope is that an investment in this demographic will have a positive ripple effect on all other ministries that follow it. Some of the strongest traits we are known for is kindness, acceptance, and being “outward focused”.
General Position Description
We are seeking 1 Full-time position to provide pastoral care and spiritual leadership to our young families. This position includes work/leadership with our Sunday morning Mission Kids program, our Summer Camp program, and eventually developing a mid-week program. The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Pastor and will be required to submit monthly and annual reports to the church Governing Board.
– Agree with the Canadian BIC Statement of Faith and understand our denominational identity
– Post-Secondary education preferred in a related field of study such as a B.R.E
– Can demonstrate the skills needed to disciple parents and be a peer leader
– Have experience in leading an established program
– Possess effective communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
1. Model the way
• Develop priorities, habits, routines and traditions personally that you want to see families adopt.
Skills required: Discipline, boundary setting, and intentionality.
2. Develop and implement an approved plan of care and guidance for parents
• We would like to see someone come along side parents as they establish family priorities, traditions, and routines and guide them towards being “Christ Centered”.
Skills required: Spiritual formation, strong interpersonal skills, pastoral counsel and accountability
3. Give Leadership to HSCP
• HSCP (Houghton Summer Celebration Program) has a long and storied history and has been a part of our community for decades in some form or another. Presently, it is a seven-week camp that starts in July and runs until mid-August. We see a need to bridge a gap between this program (which averages 50 children a day) and our congregation.
Skills required: Effective communication, strong organization, team building, problem solving
4. Give leadership to Mission Kids
• Mission Kids is a Sunday morning program that runs during the service. Children are with their parents for some of the service but then are dismissed just before the sermon. Average Sunday attendance varies but 20 – 30 kids from nursey to grade 8 is common with it swelling a little on special event days.
Skills required: Teacher training, recruitment, strategizing continuity in the curriculum, team building and problem solving
1. Development of mid-week kids club during the school year
• As the primary responsibilities mature, we would like to see a mid-week club started. The Mission did have one at one point and we believe this is part of what it means to bridge the gap between our summer program and our congregation. This responsibility will not be a pressing issue right off the bat nor will it be for some time. This responsibility is something to be worked on together with Senior Pastor down the road.
Transition & Timeline
The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to our area and live within a 25Km – 30Km or 25min radius of the building and start within six months unless negotiated.
Please forward a cover letter, complete resume, and the names of three references (one of them being a pastoral reference) to:
Ryan McNamara, Senior Pastor
The Mission Church, 1156 Norfolk County Road 28, Langton, ON N0E 1C0
The deadline for submission of applications is February 28, 2020 (or until filled). We thank all those applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Children’s Ministry Director –
Hamilton, ON Part-time
About Westside Church
Westside seeks to be a church that unchurched people love to attend. Our mission is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by creating environments where people are encouraged and equipped to:Love God, Love Others and Serve the World! We meet in the West End of Hamilton on Sunday mornings and in homes for Life Groups throughout the week. Between 200-250 people attend on Sunday mornings. Check out our website for more details: www.wbchamilton.com
The Children’s Ministry Director provides vision and leadership to create a thriving ministry to children and families. The Children’s Ministry Director will oversee all ministry to children from birth to grade 5, including overall program management and development, building and equipping teams of volunteers, developing partnership with parents for combined spiritual influence, as well as creating a safe, secure and engaging environment that can be a catalyst to lead children into growing relationships with Jesus. The successful candidate will be positive, enthusiastic and have a good sense of humour.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Highly motivated and self-disciplined, with a passion for children, parents and families
- Gifted in leadership, administration, teaching and shepherding
- Willing to be taught and trained for effective ministry
- Passionate about communicating the Gospel in a variety of age-appropriate ways to people with varying religious backgrounds
- Strong computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Models the love of Christ to the children, volunteers and parents through prayer, developing relationships, and listening to their concerns, needs, joys and accomplishments
- Develop and oversee an effective ministry for evangelizing, discipling and mentoring children from birth through grade 5 for the ministry year
- Oversee the planning and execution of periodic special events that leverage culture and create opportunities for invitation
- Oversee the planning and preparation of materials for the upcoming year
- Prepare curriculum and lesson plans and manage volunteer teaching to create fun and captivating ways for kids to learn about Jesus
- Create an overall environment that is engaging, safe and secure with age-appropriate content and curriculum to promote spiritual growth and development of children
- Assess and evaluate room usage and maintain classroom materials to meet ministry needs
- Keep a clean environment to maintain the value of the physical space and ensure an inviting environment
- Routinely evaluate space to maintain safety
Partner with Parents
- Communicate regularly with parents in order to equip them to lead thriving families
- Connect parents to resources and share appropriate curriculum content that can support their work of spiritual leadership over their families
- Track attendance and connect with new visitors, following up with families involved with the ministry
- Oversee the check-in team to create a safe and secure environment, working closely with the Check-in Team Leader to run effective check-in procedures
- Evaluate, strategize and seek to grow the ministry in order to continue to reach unchurched families in the community
- Facilitate a safety process for the recruitment of team leaders and volunteers, including volunteer applications, police background checks and references
- Lead and coordinate volunteer teams by building team leaders and working with them to execute all aspects of Children’s Ministry
- Maintain ongoing communication with team leaders and volunteer teams, encouraging them and building them up
- Facilitate the use of effective scheduling systems to maintain well-staffed ministry teams
- Schedule and develop special events outside the weekly services to equip and encourage volunteers, including training days and appreciation events
Marketing and Communication
- Oversee the use of various mediums to promote events and programming to the community and unchurched families, including the use of email, printed promotional materials and social media
- Work with the Media Director to create promotional content for the Children’s Ministry, in conjunction with the overall communication and promotion of Westside
- Oversee procedures for the Children’s Ministry, including safety and general ministry execution, ensuring their compliance
- Manage the collection of police and background checks, keeping up to date with vulnerable sector insurance requirements.
- Track and monitor budget expenditures
The Children’s Director will attend regular staff meetings for prayer and planning purposes. The Children’s Ministry Director will meet regularly with key volunteers and team leaders. The Children’s Ministry Director will attend children’s ministry meetings, training events and retreats. The individual will be required to be available during our programming on Tuesday night and Sundays as well as for staff meetings. Other hours will be flexible.
When applying, please include a cover letter with your resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role. Please note that we will only be contacting candidates who are selected for an interview.
Service Opportunity – Home Living Coordinator Couple – BIC Overcomers Program
The BIC Overcomers Program is a ninety-day residential alcohol and drug rehab primarily for Navajo men struggling with addiction issues. We are housed at Navajo BIC Mission south of Bloomfield, New Mexico on the edge of the rez.
The family dynamic is an essential element of our success because of husband and wife servant workers who come as Home Living Coordinators. It is an opportunity to do the most elemental aspect of our faith by reaching out to others who are hurting and looking for a helping hand. I refer to it as Friendship Evangelism on steroids.
For ninety days, Home Living Coordinator couples are house parents to men fully acquainted with heartbreaking difficulties. It’s an intense people-to-people adventure—we offer unconditional love and acceptance to those who have known much rejection.
The Overcomers Program requires two Home Living Coordinator couples for each session, Spring and Fall. We are always actively enlisting prospects—if you have any interest please do not hesitate to contact me — Ken Abell – 937.414.3754 or email@example.com
2019 –– August 26th to November 22nd
2020 –– February 24th to May 22nd
August 24th to November 20th